Next-gen topical antivirals
We inhibit the crucial first step in viral infection of human cells: binding of a virus surface protein (e.g., "spike protein" on SARS-Cov2) to a target human cell receptor protein (e.g., ACE2 for SARS-Cov2), attaching virus to human cell and enabling infection.
Pūrvala’s immune system-based technology binds and blocks the viral surface protein, preventing virus/human cell attachment.
- Patent-pending technology for durable topical protection against viral infection
- Safe and biocompatible: Based on molecules found in the body’s own anti-viral defense system
- Creates a natural anti-viral barrier, preventing infection through physical sequestration and viral surface binding
- Applicable to a range of pathogens including influenza, c. difficile, and SARS-Cov2 (COVID-19)
- Applications include topical skincare products (e.g., face creams, hand sanitizer, lip balm), personal protective equipment (e.g., masks, gloves) and high-touch surfaces (e.g., food service counters, instruments)
- Protection can last up to 6 hours after application